Orford Ness NAAFI Building restoration of the birth place of RADAR – phase 1 and 2
Full project management from inception to completion refurbishing and restoring the NAAFI Building at Orford Ness the birthplace of RADAR as seen on Look East BBC1 television.
The building was in a state of disrepair with multiple serious defects that jeopardised the structure. The principal task was to refurbishment and repair the roof structure and covering limiting further water ingress and damage. Structural repairs were undertaken to the structure and later during phase 2 a full rewire and decoration programme.
Orford Ness is a fascinating place accessible by boat. It is a place that tells the story of our recent past including the development of RADAR and the contribution Orford Ness made to the second world war.
Services included the following:
- Production of construction CAD drawings and specifications,
- Submission of statutory consents and obtaining full Planning Approval and Building Regulation Approval,
- Tender process to obtain a competitive priced tender,
- Tender analysis and recommendation for the award of contract,
- Contract Administration including contract instructions, valuations and certificate for payments, cost reports and final account production under the Minor Works Contract (MW) from the industry standard JCT suite of contracts,
- Weekly site inspections and progress reports,
- CDM Coordinator role under the CDM Regulations 2007 including assisting the client in obtaining and distributing Pre Construction Information and compiling and passing to the client the Health and Safety File,
- Final inspection 12 months from Practical Completion signing off the project and releasing retention monies.
- Commercial farm yard manure (FYM) store – new build
- Designer and contract administrator for the realisation of a new FYM store near Cambridge.
Architectural | Building Regulations | Commercial | Project Management