Wimpole Home Farm Café – Refurbishment
Full project management from inception to completion for a the full refurbishment of a busy farm café including re-roofing contract on the Wimpole estate near Cambridge.
- Full project management and contract administration,
- Preparation and submission of the statutory consents including full Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent, Building Regulation approval,
- Full CAD drawings and detailed specification of works,
- Tender process to obtain a competitive priced tender,
- Tender analysis and recommendation for the award of contract,
- Contract Administration including contract instructions, valuations and certificate for payments, cost reports and final account production under the Minor Works Contract (IC) from the industry standard JCT suite of contracts,
- Weekly site inspections, financial and progress reports,
- CDM Coordinator role under the CDM Regulations 2007 including assisting the client in obtaining and distributing Pre Construction Information and compiling and passing to the client the Health and Safety File,
- Agreement of the final account and final inspection at the end of the rectification period.
Key design features
Sustainable single wood burning stove installed providing all of the required heating using timber from the estate. The lowered internal ceiling reduced the space that required heating retaining a light, airy and enjoyable space.
The project was completed on time and to budget and has proved a significant commercial success for the client.
Commercial | Project Management